Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/01 22:06:13 UTC

Re: [mailet] Issue Management

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 11:04 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 6:39 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
> <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Maybe at least Mailet API should have its own issue management.
>>> A bug in the api or the implementation of that api is something to be
>>> handled in a totally different way and from a different group/community
>>> than a bug in code using a library.
>>>
>>> I would probably go for MAILETAPI + MAILETPACKAGES,
>>
>> unless anyone has any objections or more opinions, i'll leave MAILET
>> for just the API and create MAILETPACKAGES for the rest
>>
>>> but I'm not strong
>>> and I'm not sure at all about the place for mailet-base.
>>
>> let's keep it in with the other packages
>
> one problem with putting base, standard and crypto into a single
> project in the issue tracker is that JIRA only allows a single version
> to be assigned. so i'm now leaning towards creating a single JIRA
> project per component.
>
> opinions?

i think that the version issue is quite important: there isn't any
gaurantee that all of these components will be released together. so
IMHO it's important to be able to set JIRA up with correct version.

unless there are objections, i'm going to set up one project per component

- robert