Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Caroline Jen <ji...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/27 20:20:03 UTC

Exception creating bean of class org.dhsinfo.content.AddFileForm: {1}'

What could lead to a run-time error such as:

[ServletException in:/frame/content/content.jsp]
Exception creating bean of class
org.dhsinfo.content.AddFileForm: {1}'

The strange thing is that the application worked
without any problem before.  I did not touch anything.
 I re-ran the application a day later and this problem
poped up.

It occurred when I tried to display the content.jsp in
the browser window.  The content.jsp portion is like:

action="/content/AddFiles">
value="">-Select-</html-el:option>
property="idAndName" labelProperty="name"/>
        <input type="text" name="linkname" size="60"
/>

The action mapping in the struts-config.xml is like:

    <action
        path="/content/AddFiles"
        type="org.dhsinfo.content.AddFiles"
        name="AddFileForm"
        scope="request"
        validate="false"
        input="/do/ContentMgmt">
       <forward
            name="success"
            path=".file.Confirmation"/>
    </action>

and the form-bean in the struts-config.xml is like:

     <form-bean
        name="AddFileForm"
        type="org.dhsinfo.content.AddFileForm">
     </form-bean>

The AddFileForm.java in the org.dhsinfo.content
directory is like:

package org.dhsinfo.content;

import org.apache.struts.action.ActionError;
import org.apache.struts.action.ActionErrors;
import org.apache.struts.upload.FormFile;
import
org.apache.struts.upload.MultipartRequestHandler;

public class AddFileForm extends ActionForm
{
   protected String document;
   protected String linkname;

   protected FormFile theFile;

   public String getDocument()
   {
       return document;
   }

    public void setDocument( String document )
    {
        this.document = document;
    }

    public String getLinkname()
    {
        return linkname;
    }

    public void setLinkname( String linkname )
    {
        this.linkname = linkname;
    }

    public FormFile getTheFile()
    {
        return theFile;
    }

    public void setTheFile( FormFile theFile )
    {
        this.theFile = theFile;
    }

}