Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de> on 2017/01/28 21:14:13 UTC

How to create a 1.2.0 repository

Hi,

I see that there a quite a few jobs in our CI to create a repository for 1.2.0 alpha testing

Bigtop-1.2.0-alpha
Bigtop-trunk
Bigtop-trunk-packages

While  Bigtop-trunk and Bigtop-1.2.0-alpha are quite similar from helicopter perspective: The compiling the whole stuff, the
Bigtop-trunk-repos <https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/job/Bigtop-trunk-repos/> assembles the repository out of individual jobs at Bigtop-trunk-packages.

SInce our compile time at CI is exploding I like to ask you all for input:

Do we need the Bigtop-trunk job any more when we have Bigtop-trunk-packages and an "assemble all packages into one repository job"  aka  Bigtop-trunk-repos ?

Olaf

Re: How to create a 1.2.0 repository

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
I treat Bigtop-trunk-packages and Bigtop-trunk-repos as nightly builds.
While Bigtop-trunk is something more like release candidate, which we can
rely on it to perform tests such as Provisioners and  smoke tests.