Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2007/07/03 13:31:49 UTC

Management and Distributed Runtime

It would be good to get the community's thoughts about what management and
distributed runtime scenarios we should support in Tuscany.

There has been quite a bit of discussion on the distributed runtime itself
here. The main focus so far has been on using an SCA assembly to represent
the distributed services that typically comprise an SOA. Are there detailed
scenarios that you look to Tuscany to solve? How do you expect Tuscany to
fit into your existing infrastructure?

Based on the code we have already we could aim to get some level of support
into the next release for people to try out. What features should be
included?

Tuscany runtime management to date has been at the API level, i.e. adding
and removing contributions and composites.  A straightforward management
solution is important particularly when we are distributing the Tuscany
runtime across many nodes. What management functions should be supported?
What management technologies should Tuscany work well with? How do you
expect Tuscany to fit into your existing management infrastructure?

Of course anybody who wants to get involved and help design and implement
any of these features is more than welcome.

Simon