Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Prashant Sharma <pr...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/05 10:24:20 UTC

Start Nodemanager with webapp disabled.

Hi all,
Is it possible to start NM daemon with webapp disabled. Overriding
port address in yarn-site is not an option. Since I want more than one
NM to be started. I tried passing the property
-Dyarn.nodemanager.webapp.address=localhost:port in command line
options unfortunately that doesnot seem to override the default.

Thanks
Prashant.

Re: Start Nodemanager with webapp disabled.

Posted by Prashant <pr...@imaginea.com>.
On 10/05/2011 08:08 PM, Robert Evans wrote:
> The simplest way is to use ephemeral ports.  Set the port number to 0 in the config and the node manager will pick a free port to listen on.  It will then heartbeat back into the Resource Manager with the port it is listening on and the RM can pass that info off to whoever else needs it.  I am not positive that this will work in all cases as I have not tried it myself.  There is some work to enable this in the mini yarn cluster.
>
> --Bobby Evans
>
> On 10/5/11 3:24 AM, "Prashant Sharma"<pr...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> Is it possible to start NM daemon with webapp disabled. Overriding
> port address in yarn-site is not an option. Since I want more than one
> NM to be started. I tried passing the property
> -Dyarn.nodemanager.webapp.address=localhost:port in command line
> options unfortunately that doesnot seem to override the default.
>
> Thanks
> Prashant.

Thanks Bobby ,
There was a problem with using ephemeral ports for the property
"mapreduce.shuffle.port" which got fixed after an svn update.
Guys check this out in your free time