Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Eduard Ralph <ra...@mecmedia.de> on 2001/02/07 20:19:46 UTC

Where to put Selfmade Taglibs

Hi,

I've been experimenting with own Tag Libs. I took the existing Tag Libs as
basis and worte a very simple one myself.
My Question ist, where to I place this Tag Lib, if I want it to be included
like esql-Tag Lib? Is there some sort of standard directory, or how does
Cocoon find the actual file? Unfourtunenatly the Documentation on those
details are a little thinner ....

Eddie

Re: Where to put Selfmade Taglibs

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Eduard Ralph wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been experimenting with own Tag Libs. I took the existing Tag Libs as
> basis and worte a very simple one myself.
> My Question ist, where to I place this Tag Lib, if I want it to be included
> like esql-Tag Lib? Is there some sort of standard directory, or how does
> Cocoon find the actual file? Unfourtunenatly the Documentation on those
> details are a little thinner ....

The mapping of those tag libs is specified by the configuration files.
In Cocoon 1 it is through cocoon.properties, and in Cocoon 2 it is
through cocoon.xconf.  You will see a number of taglibs using the URL
resource:/org/apache/cocoon/.... The "resource" pseudo protocol loads
the Taglibs from the classloader.  You can use the File protocol, or
in Cocoon 2 you can use the context protocol--which will load the
resource relative to the root of your context.

Using that approach I map my taglibs to
context:/WEB-INF/logicsheets/mysheet.xsl

Note: I may port this pseudo protocol to Cocoon 1 in the near future.

Re: Where to put Selfmade Taglibs

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Eduard Ralph wrote:

> I've been experimenting with own Tag Libs. I took the existing Tag Libs as
> basis and worte a very simple one myself.
> My Question ist, where to I place this Tag Lib, if I want it to be included
> like esql-Tag Lib? Is there some sort of standard directory, or how does
> Cocoon find the actual file? Unfourtunenatly the Documentation on those
> details are a little thinner ....

check out cocoon.properties.

- donald