Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Nicolae Marasoiu <ni...@adswizz.com> on 2015/11/23 16:58:43 UTC

yarn does not allocate enough tasks/containers to my available node

Hi,

Tasks are allocated to my nodes by memory.

Initially they are allocated ok across the cluster.

After a while, one of the nodes does not receive new tasks fast enough: it gets to 0 tasks and from time to time I see it having 1 task which it finished in seconds.

It is true that I currently have a problem of many small input files.

And probably the fact that the nodes are oversubscribed in cpu by a factor of 2-3 (according to load average) is not helping.

But 1. why does yarn not able to bulk allocate some 4 tasks on the idle node at once (not one by one), and 2. why yarn is slow in allocating tasks? (I understand that allocating a new task/container in a few seconds may/may not be considered slow).

Pls advise,

Nicu

RE: yarn does not allocate enough tasks/containers to my available node

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@apache.org>.
Which scheduler is being used? Capacity/Fair/Something else?

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@apache.org>.