Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Molitor, Stephen" <SM...@erac.com> on 2001/06/20 22:07:09 UTC

Who Uses Struts (Struts Acceptance in Industry)

Hi.  I am a developer for a medium sized (45,000 employees) company in the
Midwest United States.  We are thinking about using Struts.  We've played
with it, and think it's great.  However, we have to sell it to our
management.  One concern that our managers have is that Struts is relatively
new, and they wonder how much industry acceptance Struts has.  So, my
question is, what companies use Struts?  Any success stories, horror
stories?  Actual company names would be great, but descriptions like 'a
large telecommunications company in the Midwest' would also be OK.

Any other advice on how to sell Struts to management, pointers to magazine
articles, etc., would also be appreciated.  Or, conversely, anyone who feels
that Struts is not appropriate for enterprise application development should
also reply.  Feel free to reply to me personally if you don't feel
comfortable replying to the public mailing list.

Thanks!

Steve Molitor
smolitor@erac.com

Re: Who Uses Struts (Struts Acceptance in Industry)

Posted by David Winterfeldt <dw...@yahoo.com>.
Here is a good resource for articles and downloads.
http://www.husted.com/about/struts/

There is a short list of web sites listed here, but I
think most people using Struts are using it for the
intranet development of forms.
http://www.husted.com/about/struts/resources.htm#sites

I've used Struts template tags on a couple of small
sites.  I made an intranet application for a large
insurance company in the midwest and I am currently at
a large magazine with an online version and we are
using Struts for an intranet project.

Craig recently mentioned that there were over 1300
people subscribe to the struts-user list.

David

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/