Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org> on 2019/10/01 03:45:25 UTC

[DISCUSSION][IEP-35] Replace RunningQueryManager with GridSystemViewManager

Hello, Igniters.

Since the last release `RunningQueryManager` [1] was added.
It used to track a running query.

In IEP-35 [2] SystemView API was added.
SystemView API supposed to be used to track all kinds of internal Ignite objects.

I think this RunningQueryManager should be replaced [3] with the more unified SystemView API.

Any objections?

[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=112820392

Re: [DISCUSSION][IEP-35] Replace RunningQueryManager with GridSystemViewManager

Posted by Ivan Pavlukhin <vo...@gmail.com>.
Nikolay,

> As I understand, RunningQueryManager track query only for an export.

Not quite. Also it is responsible for explicit query cancellation and
running queries cancellation on node stop. I do not think that a view
should be responsible for it.

--
Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin

Re: [DISCUSSION][IEP-35] Replace RunningQueryManager with GridSystemViewManager

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
Ivan.

Posted by Ivan Pavlukhin <vo...@gmail.com>.
Nikolay,