Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by to...@absi.be on 2005/12/22 14:05:46 UTC

customizing score: what with several default values ?

Hi,

I need to change the scoring of a few particular rules, such as BAYES_99
etc.

in the doc (http://spamassassin.apache.org/tests_3_1_x.html) they say i
can just add a line like

"score BAYES_99 2.0" or whatever

a few of the scores however have several default values, dependent on
whether net or bayes or a combination or so is activated.

does the syntax allow me to use this:

"score BAYES_99 0.0001 0.0001 4 4" ?

regards,

Tom.

Tom Van Overbeke - ABSI Service Delivery Coordinator
email: tomvo@absi.be
Tel: +32 2 333 40 00 - Fax: +32 2 332 34 69
website: http://www.absi.be

Re: customizing score: what with several default values ?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
At 08:05 AM 12/22/2005, tomvo@absi.be wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I need to change the scoring of a few particular rules, such as BAYES_99
>etc.
>
>in the doc (http://spamassassin.apache.org/tests_3_1_x.html) they say i
>can just add a line like
>
>"score BAYES_99 2.0" or whatever
>
>a few of the scores however have several default values, dependent on
>whether net or bayes or a combination or so is activated.
>
>does the syntax allow me to use this:
>
>"score BAYES_99 0.0001 0.0001 4 4" ?

You can use either syntax. If you use one score, SA will always use that
score, no matter what scoreset is on.

If you use 4 scores, it will depend on which scoreset is used.

Your choice.

I personally prefer to use single scores for my own over-rides, and leave
the 4-score generation for the mass-checks that the developers run.