Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Robert Pepersack <ro...@itgfirm.com> on 2019/12/30 16:21:41 UTC

PDListBox Not Displayed Correctly After setValue()

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have created a PDF file using Foxit PhantomPDF.  I'm setting the values
of all of the form fields in the PDF file using PDFBox.

My Java code runs successfully and all of the field values get set
successfully.  But, when I view the PDF file, the list box item displays,
in very large font, the first letter of the first item in the list box.  In
this case, it's a very large letter "B".  When I tab to the list box, all
of the items appear correctly, the scroll bar appears, and the correct
value is set.

I tried the work-around I was given last week to resolve an issue with date
fields:  get the list box's F setting into a variable, set it to null on
the list box, set the value, and reset the F setting on the list box.  But,
this didn't work on the list box.  In the Eclipse debugger, I see that the
list box's F setting is null when I call actions.getF().

Thanks,
Rob

RE: PDListBox Not Displayed Correctly After setValue()

Posted by Mark Gargan <ma...@aviva.com>.
Aviva: Internal
Unsubscribe

This message has been classified Internal on 31 December 2019 at 15:46:56.

Aviva Insurance Ireland Designated Activity Company, trading as Aviva, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
A private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No. 605769. Registered Office One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2, Ireland, D02 E651

Aviva Direct Ireland Limited is regulated by the Central Bank Of Ireland. A private company limited by shares. Registered in Ireland No 374895. Registered Office One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2.

Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland Designated Activity Company, a private company limited by shares.
Registered in Ireland No. 165970. Registered office at One Park Place, Hatch Street, Dublin 2, D02 E651.
Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland Designated Activity Company, trading as Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland and Friends First, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.

www.aviva.ie

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action or reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.

Re: PDListBox Not Displayed Correctly After setValue()

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 30.12.2019 um 19:12 schrieb Robert Pepersack:
> I have uploaded the PDF file.  It's here:
> http://www.filedropper.com/foxitphantompdf

Thank you, I created

no javascript blaming this time :-(

If you're in a hurry, you could probably avoid the bug by setting a
fixed font size for the listbox.

Tilman

Posted by Robert Pepersack <ro...@itgfirm.com>.

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.