Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Kenny Smith <ja...@journalscape.com> on 2003/01/22 00:10:44 UTC

What is in the Error Field in the Spool table?

Hey all,

I'm using the JDBC classes, so my spool is stored in a table. My
co-worker sent out an invite to like 200 people and most of it has been
sitting in the spool for like an hour now. It's been slowing shrinking
(down to 120 now)... however, there isn't anything in the error field.
Why would it be taking so long without an error?

Kenny

Re: What is in the Error Field in the Spool table?

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Kenny Smith wrote:
> Hi Noel,
>
> Um... still not very familiar with this portion of the server...We were
> sending out a bunch of emails, the entries were in the spool table with
> a message_state of 'transport' does that help?
>
> Kenny

Kenny... you're sending this from an unsubscribed email address again.
Can you please sort this out?

--
Serge Knystautas
Lokitech

RE: What is in the Error Field in the Spool table?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> the entries were in the spool table with a message_state
> of 'transport' does that help?

That means that they are in the <processor name="transport"> portion of the
process.  Is there something in the transport that could be causing the
spool threads to lock up for some period of time?  You can turn on DEBUG for
the mailet log and the spool manager log.  The timestamps should identify
any matcher or mailet that is taking a long time.

	--- Noel

Re: What is in the Error Field in the Spool table?

Posted by Kenny Smith <ke...@journalscape.com>.
Hi Noel,

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Kenny,