Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by kho braun <kh...@pobox.com> on 2003/03/08 23:20:19 UTC

recipe for a forrest site at virtual directory?

Is there a way to generate a forrest site that can exist as part of a larger website?

I'm thinking of the scenario where the forrest site generates all pages in a docs directory of a website.
The static forrest site docroot would be mapped into the website for example with an Alias directive of the apache web server.

The majority of the forrest generated site would exist in subdirectories. As I'm starting from scratch I'm not thinking of using books.xml files but using a single site.xml.

I think this requires all forrest generated links within the forrest site to be relative.
I tried looking at the implications of setting the href attribute of the site element of the site.xml file. It is set as an empty attribute in all the examples I could see. Setting that to for example "docs/" does part of the job but generates incorrect links for files in subdirectories.

---
kho braun.