Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Viswanath Durbha <Vi...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/02 09:33:19 UTC

broker1-->q1 to broker2-->q2

Hi,

I am using activemq 5.0. I have a question regarding forwarding messages
from two pre-configured queues on different broker instances.

Let's say I'm running two brokers broker1 and broker2. broker1 will have a
queue q1 and broker2 will have a queue q2. How do I configure these brokers
so that any message put in broker1-->q1 will be forwarded to broker2-->q2?

Thanks,
Viswanath

Re: broker1-->q1 to broker2-->q2

Posted by Viswanath Durbha <Vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I finally got it to work. The change I did to the xml configuration for
broker1 is that I changed

<property name="brokerURL"
value="tcp://localhost:62001?broker.persistent=false"/>
<property name="brokerURL" value="tcp://localhost:62001"/>

It works perfectly fine now once I did this change. I was also able to see
the subscriber in the JMX console once I made this change.

I wonder whether the way I specified the URL is incorrect!! Is that '?'
character causing trouble?

Re: broker1-->q1 to broker2-->q2

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: broker1-->q1 to broker2-->q2

Posted by Viswanath Durbha <Vi...@gmail.com>.
To my surprise, there is no subscriber created in the JMX console for
broker1-->q1. May be the way I defined the activemq component in the xml
config file isn't correct.

<bean id="broker1"
class="org.apache.activemq.camel.component.ActiveMQComponent">
  <property name="connectionFactory">
      <property name="brokerURL"
value="tcp://localhost.localdomain:62001?broker.persistent=false"/>
    </bean>
  </property>
</bean>

Don't have the faintest clue what's wrong with the above definition of
activemq component.

Re: broker1-->q1 to broker2-->q2

Posted by Viswanath Durbha <Vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: broker1-->q1 to broker2-->q2

Posted by Viswanath Durbha <Vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: broker1-->q1 to broker2-->q2

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
It looks fine to me. Do you see the subscriber in the JMX console?
When you send a message to q1 do you see it being consumed from JMX?

On 02/11/2007, Viswanath Durbha <Vi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the super quick reply.
>
> I've done the following configuration to activemq_broker1.xml file. I've
> added two activemq components. And then I added a camel route. But it
> doesn't seem to work for me. Am I missing something here?
>
> <bean id="broker1" class="org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsComponent">
>   <property name="connectionFactory">
>     <bean class="org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory">
>       <property name="brokerURL"
> value="tcp://localhost:62001?broker.persistent=false"/>
>     </bean>
>   </property>
> </bean>
> <bean id="broker2" class="org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsComponent">
>   <property name="connectionFactory">
>     <bean class="org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory">
>       <property name="brokerURL"
> value="tcp://localhost:63001?broker.persistent=false"/>
>     </bean>
>   </property>
> </bean>
>  <camelContext id="camel"
> xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring">
>     <route>
>       <from uri="broker1:q1"/>
>       <to uri="broker2:q2"/>
>     </route>
>   </camelContext>
>

> James.Strachan wrote:
> >
> > On 02/11/2007, Viswanath Durbha <Vi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am using activemq 5.0. I have a question regarding forwarding messages
> >> from two pre-configured queues on different broker instances.
> >>
> >> Let's say I'm running two brokers broker1 and broker2. broker1 will have
> >> queue q1 and broker2 will have a queue q2. How do I configure these
> >> brokers
> >> so that any message put in broker1-->q1 will be forwarded to
> >> broker2-->q2?
> >
> > If they are the same queue name you use a network of brokers.
> >
> > If you want to use different queues then using a Camel route is the
> > simplest...
> > http://activemq.apache.org/camel/
> >
> > <route>
> >   <from uri="activemq:q1"/>