Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by ar...@tcs.com on 2006/03/21 09:34:36 UTC

accessing a flowscript variable in xsl

Hi all.

        I am working on flowscripts.I am passing a variable from a
flowscript function to a pipeline in sitemap,
and trying to access it in a xml and also a xsl.I am able to access it in
the xml as ${variable_name} but when I
am trying to access it in the same way as ${variable_name} in the xsl I am
unable to access it.

Can anyone through some light on the problem,any idea regarding how to
access a variable in xsl passed from a flowscript function?

Regards,

Arnab Jena
Assistant Systems Engineer
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Bangalore,Karnataka
India
Mailto: arnab.jena@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you

Re: accessing a flowscript variable in xsl

Posted by ar...@tcs.com.
Thanks all for having a look.

this issue has been resolved.

Regards,

Arnab Jena
Assistant Systems Engineer
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Bangalore,Karnataka
India
Mailto: arnab.jena@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Luca Morandini <lm...@ieee.org>
Sent by: news <ne...@sea.gmane.org>
03/21/2006 02:29 PM
Please respond to
users@cocoon.apache.org

users@cocoon.apache.org
cc

Subject

arnab.jena@tcs.com wrote:

>         I am working on flowscripts.I am passing a variable from a
> flowscript function to a pipeline in sitemap,
> and trying to access it in a xml and also a xsl.I am able to access it
> in the xml as ${variable_name} but when I
> am trying to access it in the same way as ${variable_name} in the xsl I
> am unable to access it.

A parameter has to be declared before using it in XSL, and the syntax is
different from the one used in JX templates.

> Can anyone through some light on the problem,any idea regarding how to
> access a variable in xsl passed from a flowscript function?

As usual in Cocoon, there are many ways to achieve this, but I presume
(though I never had the chance to use it myself) that
FlowAttributeModule input module is the best fit
(http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/modules-ref.html).

ForwardSourceID:NT00006E12

Posted by Luca Morandini <lm...@ieee.org>.