Posted to user@avro.apache.org by peter <pe...@curoverse.com> on 2014/11/25 20:39:12 UTC

avro json-ld

Hello everyone,

Has anyone given any thought to a json-ld (http://json-ld.org/) encoding
for Avro?  By my reading, it appears that the Avro schema language and
existing Avro JSON encoding could be tweaked to produce json-ld
compatible structures without much difficulty.  I think this would be
very interesting as it would provide a bridge to transform any Avro data
structure to RDF, which would benefit communities using Avro that are
also using linked data.

Thanks,
Peter

Re: avro json-ld

Posted by peter <pe...@curoverse.com>.
Hi Sean,

Yes, I imagine this would probably be best handled as an alternate
encoder/serializer.  While it should be very similar to the existing
json serialization, json-ld would need a few changes to accommodate
certain quirks/limitations of that spec.

I'm interested in working on this, but I don't know when I will have
time.  Good to know that there is some outside interest, though.

- Peter

Re: avro json-ld

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.