Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Mohamed Ezzat <mo...@devfactory.com> on 2016/01/08 13:51:48 UTC

Code Quality improvements for parquet

Hello,

I'd like to send you some pull requests to improve the maintainability of
parquet.

My company - DevFactory - is sponsoring me to identify and fix code quality
issues and improve unit test coverage in open source projects. DevFactory
is obsessed with code quality and is providing its commercially available
code quality improvement service for free to qualified open-source projects.

If you are interested, please let me know and we will add it to our
pipeline. Our first step will be to utilize tools like PMD, FindBugs and
Sonar to identify the most important issues to fix. Once we fix them, we'll
follow up with some pull requests.

M.Ezzat

Re: Code Quality improvements for parquet

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for offering to contribute! We would certainly welcome any
contributions you want to make. Please just file bugs in JIRA once you
flag issues so we can track them. Thank you,

rb

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer