Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org> on 2011/11/15 03:48:19 UTC

Is cups really a requirement?

Hi;

Looking at the IP Clearance wiki, cups is not used anymore
but the configure script will fail if it doesn't find it.

Something wrong there, I think. ;)

cheers,

Pedro.

Re: Is cups really a requirement?

Posted by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>.

--- On Tue, 11/15/11, Andre Fischer <af...@a-w-f.de> wrote:
> Hi Pedro,
>
> On 15.11.2011 03:48, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > Looking at the IP Clearance wiki, cups is not used
> anymore
> > but the configure script will fail if it doesn't find
> it.
>
> We are not shipping our own version of cups anymore, but
> now a system provided cups is necessary.

The question is if it's really used at all. If it isn't
it should not be a requirement and we should do like
any other configure system that detects things and if
if it doesn't find stuff it just doesn't use it.

FWIW, at the moment I am using ---disable-cups.

Posted by Andre Fischer <af...@a-w-f.de>.
Hi Pedro,

On 15.11.2011 03:48, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> Hi;
>
> Looking at the IP Clearance wiki, cups is not used anymore
> but the configure script will fail if it doesn't find it.

We are not shipping our own version of cups anymore, but now a system
provided cups is necessary.

Regards,
Andre