Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Yasir Elgohary <yg...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/19 16:26:26 UTC

Fwd: Spark 3 Build Problem!!!

Dear Spark support,

I am taking an A.I. introduction course and the instructor asked us to
install Spark 3 with Hadoop WinUtils 2.6. Due to the Corona Virus issue,
the class is paused and I can't a hold of him.

I did as much as I can following a procedure from the Internet, but can't
get "spark-shell" to work!!!

My knowledge of Windows 7 is below the Expert level.

I am attaching a photo to clarify the problem.

Please advise asap...

Much appreciated...

Re: Spark 3 Build Problem!!!

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.
https://youtu.be/iarn1KHeouc

You'll find step by step setup guide for linux and windows here.  You need
to do extra steps for windows. Spark is more user friendly towards *nix.

You are better off downloading ubuntu 19. Hopefully  ubuntu  has the
drivers for you PC.  If ubuntu do not have the drivers then stick to
windows.