Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by bu...@us.pwcglobal.com on 2001/02/01 18:15:42 UTC

order of elements in an XML tree

Hi everybody,

I am having problem with keeping the order of elements within the XML document.  I am using DOM to build an XML document tree and then using
org.apache.xml.serialize.XMLSerializer to dump the content into a String.  However, during this process, I am losing the order I added the elements to
 the tree.
I checked Xerces API documentation, however couldn't find a solution.  I will appreciate if you can help me with this matter.

          Regards

          Burak
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer.

Re: order of elements in an XML tree

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
burak.m.sezen@us.pwcglobal.com wrote:
> I am having problem with keeping the order of elements within
> the XML document.

Without sample source code (only a snippet, please!) it's hard
to judge what your problem is. Are you *sure* that you're
adding the elements to the DOM tree in the correct order?