Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by mabel <re...@yahoo.com> on 2004/09/09 21:49:38 UTC

HTTP/1.1 100 Continue

Hi,

I'm seeing that Jmeter doesn't respond very well to a web server response of HTTP 100 Continue, which tells the client to now send the request body because previously it only sent the request header.

When it gets that 100 response, Jmeter would hang for a few seconds and then eventually send the request body.  I see this with a 1 virtual user load but it is more apparent with higher virtual user load.  I can see the jmeter client machine's CPU have activity and then suddenly drop to 0% or near 0 and stay idle for about 10 seconds or more.

I used a network sniffer program and found that this happens when the web server sends the HTTP/1.1 100 Continue response back.

Why is Jmeter stalling?  I am using JDK 1.4.2_04 version for jmeter. The web server is IIS 5.

Is there a way tell Jmeter to use HTTP/1.0 version instead since that version doesn't understand the 100 Continue.

Thanks,
mabel