Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by JC Putter <jc...@numata.co.za> on 2008/12/27 21:49:45 UTC

Training bayes

Id like to know of you can train bayes with *.msg format or Must it be eml format? I know that outlook express uses eml but office outlook uses msg format?

[cid:image001.jpg@01C96875.69DDB690]

This message has been scanned by Nexus Mail Gateway

Re: Training bayes

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 27.12.08 22:49, JC Putter wrote:
> Id like to know of you can train bayes with *.msg format or Must it be eml
> format? I know that outlook express uses eml but office outlook uses msg
> format?

the message must be raw, plaintext message body as is transferred over the
network. msg is afaik a binary format. eml is apparently the raw format.

I don't see any reason why SA should support binary format into which some
programs convert raw messages...