Posted to dev@tiles.apache.org by Joe Germuska <jo...@germuska.com> on 2007/02/05 17:44:13 UTC

fix TLD/DTD URLs before 2.0.0 release?

So I know people are talking about trying to get to a Tiles 2.0.0 release
soon.  It just struck me that I would have trouble voting GA on such a
release that still had the taglib URIs and the PUBLIC DTD ID including
struts.apache.org.

I even think it would be hard to call such a release "beta" knowing that
those things would change.

Opinions?  Some might think this falls under
https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/TILES-5 but it's not specifically
mentioned there and it's more "functional" than that.

I should be able to make the changes, but it will be disruptive to folks, so
I wanted to bring it up before doing anything about it...

Joe

--
Joe Germuska

"The truth is that we learned from João forever to be out of tune."
-- Caetano Veloso

Re: fix TLD/DTD URLs before 2.0.0 release?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 2/5/07, Joe Germuska <jo...@germuska.com> wrote:

> Opinions?  Some might think this falls under
> https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/TILES-5 but it's not specifically
> mentioned there and it's more "functional" than that.
>
> I should be able to make the changes, but it will be disruptive to folks, so
> I wanted to bring it up before doing anything about it...

+1, they need to be changed, and now is the time.

--
Wendy

Re: fix TLD/DTD URLs before 2.0.0 release?

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
I think that we're thinking that 2.0.0 will be an alpha anyways. . .but
the refactoring that we've started around the component context stack
makes me hesitate the cut the release for at least a few days anyways.
     I'd say go for it, I agree it should be fixed asap.

David