Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by an...@axa.com.au on 2004/01/15 02:30:31 UTC

Indexed Disk Cache Configuration

I gotta use indexed disk caching and below is cache.ccf  settings.

When I restart my server, it gives following exception:
[INFO] CompositeCache - -Constructed cache with name: eplatform_disk_cache
[INFO] IndexedDiskCache - -Cache file root directory: c:\tmp
[WARN] IndexedDisk - -Failed to delete eplatform_disk_cache.data 0
[WARN] IndexedDisk - -Failed to delete eplatform_disk_cache.data 1
[WARN] IndexedDisk - -Failed to delete eplatform_disk_cache.data 2
[WARN] IndexedDisk - -Failed to delete eplatform_disk_cache.data 3
[WARN] IndexedDisk - -Failed to delete eplatform_disk_cache.data 4
[WARN] IndexedDisk - -Failed to delete eplatform_disk_cache.data 5
[WARN] IndexedDisk - -Failed to delete eplatform_disk_cache.data 6
[WARN] IndexedDisk - -Failed to delete eplatform_disk_cache.data 7
[WARN] IndexedDisk - -Failed to delete eplatform_disk_cache.data 8
[WARN] IndexedDisk - -Failed to delete eplatform_disk_cache.data 9
[ERROR] IndexedDisk - -java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to delete
eplatform_disk_cache.data
[ERROR] IndexedDiskCache - -Failure initializing for fileName:
eplatform_disk_cache and root directory: c:\tmp <java.lan
g.IllegalStateException: Failed to delete
eplatform_disk_cache.data>java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to
delete ep
latform_disk_cache.data
        at
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDisk.reset(IndexedDisk.java:316)
        at
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCache.<init>(IndexedDiskCache.java:155)
        at
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheManager.getCache(IndexedDiskCacheManager.java:174)
        at
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheFactory.createCache(IndexedDiskCacheFactory.java:88)
        at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator.parseAuxiliary(CompositeCacheConfigurator.java:451)
        at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator.parseRegion(CompositeCacheConfigurator.java:297)
        at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator.parseRegion(CompositeCacheConfigurator.java:234)
        at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator.parseRegions(CompositeCacheConfigurator.java:222)
        at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator.doConfigure(CompositeCacheConfigurator.java:148)
        at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.configure(CompositeCacheManager.java:244)
        at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.configure(CompositeCacheManager.java:227)
        at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.configure(CompositeCacheManager.java:185)
        at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.getInstance(CompositeCacheManager.java:130)
        at org.apache.jcs.JCS.ensureCacheManager(JCS.java:135)
        at org.apache.jcs.JCS.getInstance(JCS.java:101)
        at
com.axa.eplatform.util.ecache.jcache.JCache.getCacheForRegion(JCache.java:44)
        at com.axa.eplatform.util.ecache.jcache.JCache.get(JCache.java:76)
        at jsp_servlet._util.__cache._jspService(__cache.java:92)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(ServletStubImpl.java:1058)

cache.ccf

# Disk Cache
jcs.region.eplatform_disk_cache=DC
jcs.region.eplatform_disk_cache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes

# object will not be held in memory, straight to disk
jcs.region.eplatform_disk_cache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=0

#jcs.region.eplatform_disk_cache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
#jcs.region.eplatform_disk_cache.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=true
#jcs.region.eplatform_disk_cache.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=30
#jcs.region.eplatform_disk_cache.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=60
jcs.region.eplatform_disk_cache.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.region.eplatform_disk_cache.elementattributes.IsEternal=true
#jcs.region.eplatform_disk_cache.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=5
jcs.region.eplatform_disk_cache.elementattributes.IdleTime=1
jcs.region.eplatform_disk_cache.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.region.eplatform_disk_cache.elementattributes.IsRemote=false
jcs.region.eplatform_disk_cache.elementattributes.IsLateral=false

# Primary Disk Cache -- faster than the rest because of memory key storage
jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheFactory
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=c:\\tmp

Important Note
This email (including any attachments) contains information which is
confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you are not
the intended recipient you must not use, distribute or copy this
email.  If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email. Any views expressed in this
email are not necessarily the views of AXA.   Thank you.

Re: Indexed Disk Cache Configuration

Posted by "Baum, Karl" <Ka...@Tallan.com>.
I get this message when another jvm process has a reference to my indexed
cache files.