Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Is...@ad-gency.com on 2010/02/04 14:19:20 UTC

Uncab task?

Is there an uncab task for ant?  I use a piece of 3rd party software which wants to work on a cab file, and I'm writing a wrapper set of ant tasks to generate the cab file from our subversion repository and need to un-cab the cab before committing changes.

I could execute cabarc myself but that seems so... messy

I saw this thread[1] from long ago and far away which asked about it, but no response to it.

I figured it'd be really easy to figure out how to write a task if I downloaded the source, if I used cab.java and unpack.java as reference, but Java frankly scares me spitless, and I'm not quite brave enough to do it myself just to avoid running cabarc from ant instead...

  Issac

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg03943.html

________________________________
Confidentiality: The contents of this e-mail and any attachments transmitted with it are intended to be confidential to the intended recipient; and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error.

This message was sent from WHG Trading Limited (registered company number 101439) and/or WHG (International) Limited (registered company number 99191), both of which are registered in Gibraltar whose registered office addresses are: 6/1 Waterport Place, Gibraltar. This e-mail may relate to, or be sent on behalf of, an a subsidiary or other affiliated company of WHG Trading Limited and/or WHG (International) Limited.

Unless specifically indicated otherwise, the contents of this e-mail are subject to contract; and are not an official statement, and do not necessarily represent the views, of WHG Trading Limited and/or WHG (International) Limited, its any of their subsidiaries or affiliated companies.

Please note that neither WHG Trading Limited nor WHG (International) Limited, nor their subsidiaries and affiliated companies can accept any responsibility for any viruses contained within this e-mail and it is your responsibility to scan any emails and their attachments. WHG Trading Limited and WHG (International) Limited, and their subsidiaries and affiliated companies may monitor e-mail traffic data and also the content of e-mails for effective operation of the e-mail system, or for security, purposes.

Re: Uncab task?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2010-02-04, <Is...@ad-gency.com> wrote:

> Is there an uncab task for ant?

None that I was aware of.

> I could execute cabarc myself but that seems so... messy

Hide the <exec> in a <macrodef> to feel better ;-)

> I figured it'd be really easy to figure out how to write a task if I
> downloaded the source, if I used cab.java and unpack.java as
> reference,

It probably wouldn't be that easy since the Unpack tasks and friends are
based on real Java libraries for the formats while the cab task is not
much more than a wrapper above exec that knows how to invoke cabarc on
Windows or listcab on other platforms.

A wrapper over cabarc for uncab wouldn't be too difficult if "extract
everything" is all you need.  But as soon as you start adding "extract
only files that match ..." or "extract only files that are newer than
the ones I have in my file system" or other subtelities it may become
more difficult.

Honstly I don't know either cabarc nor listcab well enough to know which
command line options I'd have at hand.  I'm not even sure listcab is
available today anymore.

Stefan