Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Sandeep Patni <sa...@cumulogic.com> on 2013/03/14 20:02:22 UTC

Getting "504 Gateway Time-out. The server didn't respond in time" error while making multiple enableStaticNat calls in parallel on CloudStack 3.0.5.

Hi,

We are provisioning VM instances and configuring staticNat via API on one of the cloudstack 3.0.5 cloud. When we provision a single vm instance it works fine. But while provisioning 3 or more instances in parallel, we get 504 Gateway Time-out error. We noticed that the VMs get created, but the error occurs in enableStaticNat API.

Any pointers what could be causing this ?

The cloudstack version is cloud-stack-version="3.0.5.20120904142539"

Error in our log:

CloudStack service failed to create instance.Error executing CloudStack API, reason - <html><body><h1>504 Gateway Time-out</h1> The server didn't respond in time. </body></html>

... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Error executing CloudStack API, reason - <html><body><h1>504 Gateway Time-out</h1> The server didn't respond in time. </body></html>

Thanks
Sandeep

RE: Getting "504 Gateway Time-out. The server didn't respond in time" error while making multiple enableStaticNat calls in parallel on CloudStack 3.0.5.

Posted by Sandeep Patni <sa...@cumulogic.com>.
Yes, that is correct. Each instance is getting it's own public ip and we are setting up static-nat and firewall rules etc.

Is it safe to assume you are using a different ipaddressid for each vm static nat?

Brandon Arms

Posted by Sandeep Patni <sa...@cumulogic.com>.
Just checking if anyone has seen this issue and has any suggestions.

Posted by Brandon Arms <BA...@dsscorp.com>.
Sandeep