Posted to users@maven.apache.org by vvkbtnkr <vv...@yahoo.com> on 2012/01/11 19:52:28 UTC

help on shade plugin

I am new to maven and am stuck in what might be a very simple issue and need
help ...

I am trying to create an uber jar using shade and am trying to remove some
txt, license files from the final jar, but some how it does not seem to
work. Here is the relevant section from my pom.xml

when the jar is created and I try to look into the jar, i see the files
above in jar. Tried playing around with the configuration options, but
nothing seems to be working. I ran maven in -X (debug) mode and can see
statements like -
However, when I look into the jar, here is what I see:

All files that I want removed are still there. Additionally the target
folder has two jars "sc-1.0.jar" which is the uber jar and
"original-sc-1.0.jar" which is the much smaller original jar.

What is it that I am doing wrong here?

Thanks, V

Re: help on shade plugin

Posted by vvkbtnkr <vv...@yahoo.com>.
just to add, i tried adding this section to the pom as well, but it just
doesnt work: