Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2019/04/11 12:53:07 UTC

[Graduation] preparing the media announcements ...

Hi all,

in preparation of an upcoming graduation, usually Apache does an official announcement and coordinates that with any announcements joining in from outside the ASF.

Here’s what Sally told me we should do:

----
„So our next steps here are for you (and the pPMC) to:

0) determine the primary point-of-contact during the drafting/editing process;

1) help me draft the announcement (mostly filling in the "what is PLC4X"/features+functionality bits --I'll start a draft on googledocs and will provide the headline/subhead/opening paragraph/boilerplates/trademark notice/*);

2) decide whether you'd like to include supporting testimonials from the community (and solicit them); and

3) work together so that our formal press/public and internal/developer/list timing is in synch (it's best to have everything
roll out within a 24-48 hour timeframe, rather than announce the project's graduation on your dev list or announce@apache.org<ma...@apache.org>, followed by a press release several weeks later)“

---

I would opt for being that primary contact point, but I think surely more than me can help with drafting the document.

Regarding the third-party testimonials: I already started gathering some and I think we should add them. The Apache mailings definitely have a wider reach and anything that supports the impression we’re not a bunch of nerds playing around is good for us. If anyone wants to add a testimonial, please feel free to submit.

Does any of you or your companies want to publish blog-posts or similar? We should coordinate them, so please step up and tell us about it. I think I’ll definitely draft something for the codecentric Blog.

And one really important thing is that we are supposed to have updated our website to TLP website (removal of all Incubating stuff) till the media is sent out … I’ll whip up a branch in the next days … should be super-simple :-) So as soon as we are officially TLP, all we have to do is merge that back to develop and off we go.

This is gonna be fun :-)

Chris

Re: [Graduation] preparing the media announcements ...

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi all,

a few days ago I prepared a branch that builds our website without any "incubating" stuff. Also it adjusts our build to build tlp releases ...
Now I was thinking, that probably a lot of traffic is going to hit our website as soon as the press releases go out ... I definitely need to update
At least our landing page ... So I'll additionally update that in the same branch. I'll send you a note as soon as I have a proposal ready.

Would be cool if you could review it ASAP as soon as that's done ...

I thought all the hard work was done with adding us to the board agenda ... turns out all the PR and Press stuff does consume quite a lot of
Additional time ... So I guess I'll be doing more paperwork this week, to hopefully have our website up an ready as well as a press release,
An Apache Blog and a larger Blog post for the codecentric Blog ... as well as campaigns for Twitter and LinkedIn ...

I'm gonna be so happy to code again sometime next week :-)

Chris

Am 11.04.19, 15:09 schrieb "Julian Feinauer" <j....@pragmaticminds.de>:

    Hi Chris,

    I would like to have a Blog Post on our side... but I think we can coordinate that pretty well together... and for the rest, ack that you are the contact point and our testimonial is also out, so goo : )

    Julian