Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Balaji Srinivasan <Ba...@authoria.com> on 2000/11/22 21:29:40 UTC

a bug? while transforming with whitespaces

Hi,

I attempted to have the html <br /> element in a stylesheet within
xsl:template. while msxml processor translates the <br /> to the output as
it is (note the space between br and the '/>', xalan changes it to <br/> in
the translated html output. so, it becomes <br/>. now for netscape, <br>,
used to introduce line breaks. <br> usage is ruled out as there would be
complaints of wellformedness. But if <br /> is used xalan changes it. so
there is no way to output line break in netscape. Is this a bug? Is there a
workaround avbl?

Thanks,
Balaji Srinivasan,
Consultant,
Authoria Inc,
ph: 781 419 7038

Re: a bug? while transforming with whitespaces

Posted by Vasanth Kumar Kumarswamy <va...@wipro.com>.
Hi,

We are using Xalan xsl parser in our project.
In that, we are converting XML Document to HTML Document
(In the form of tabular reports). During this process, some of the XML Tags
which does not have values like :
<user_id></user_id>
are also possible to appear in XML document.
After converting to HTML table, the cell looks odd, because of null tag
values
like :
How to introduce &nbsp within this tag like <td>&nbsp></td>
If we are able to introduce this, we will be verymuch thank ful to you.

Plz reply to : vasanth.kumar@wipro.com

Regards
Vasanth

Posted by Marco Stipek <st...@triplex.de>.