Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/30 18:11:16 UTC

website - colors, style, finish

Folks,

Were the only project at Apache that keep the
HTML after processing thru stylesheets.  About a year ago there was a
large scale stylesheet replacement at Apache and we noticed a loss of
this title when comparing the old to the new.  Ever since we hastily
resurrected it, it has been yellow, three lines high and 80% of the
available width.  Garish is the word that has always strikes me upon
looking at our docs.

I'd like us to consider going down a more designed road (confession I
have no UI skills).  Attached is an alternate vew that I would find easy
to do in the stylesheets we have.

Thoughts?

Incidentally I have used JTidy to format the HTML.  It is fairly cool,
but Unix like in its love of STDIN and STDOUT, and though that has an
advantage if considered to be a Java styler, it is cumbersome from
command line.   I'll ask that team to consider an Ant taskdef.

- Paul

Re: website - colors, style, finish

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Folks,

>> Were the only project at Apache that keep the
>> final HTML after processing thru stylesheets.  About a year ago there
>> was a large scale stylesheet replacement at Apache and we noticed a
>> loss of this title when comparing the old to the new.  Ever since we
>> hastily resurrected it, it has been yellow, three lines high and 80%
>> of the available width.  Garish is the word that has always strikes
>> me upon looking at our docs.
>>
>> I'd like us to consider going down a more designed road (confession I
>> have no UI skills).  Attached is an alternate vew that I would find
>> easy to do in the stylesheets we have.

* Blue theme *

It went live.  Unilateral decision based on lack of feedback ;-)
It is not too offensive and easy enough to change.

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Hmmm, html file stripped off.

Here it is in CVS : jakarta-avalon\src\proposal\a2.html temporarily

- Paul