Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Peter Poeml <po...@suse.de> on 2002/09/26 21:13:49 UTC

Question about libpthread warning

Hi!

today I saw this warning in the build log of mod_perl 1.27:

************* WARNING *************

  Your Perl is linked with -lpthread, make sure that your httpd is built with LIBS=-lpthread

************* WARNING *************

(with perl 5.8.0 with thread support, and apache 1.3.26)

How serious is this warning? I noticed it only today, and while we have
a threaded perl since a a month or so we didn't notice any problems with
mod_perl so far.

[Unfortunetaly the test suite has not been run routinely because that
doesn't work with apxs. But I've just built a mod_perl without apxs, and
make test was fine (not all tests enbled though -- will do that later.]

Thanks for advice!
Peter

--
Thought is limitation. Free your mind.

Re: Question about libpthread warning

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Peter Poeml wrote:

> Hi!
>
> today I saw this warning in the build log of mod_perl 1.27:

>   Your Perl is linked with -lpthread, make sure that your httpd is built with LIBS=-lpthread

> (with perl 5.8.0 with thread support, and apache 1.3.26)
>
> How serious is this warning? I noticed it only today, and while we have
> a threaded perl since a a month or so we didn't notice any problems with
> mod_perl so far.

if mod_perl is working for you, there shouldn't be any problems.
on platforms such as freebsd, there are big troubles when a module has
pthread support and the main program doesn't, httpd won't even start.