Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Dennis Byrne <de...@dbyrne.net> on 2006/10/31 19:06:11 UTC

Tomcat SNAPSHOT is missing, 1.2 impl cannot be built

Looks like the 1.2 branch [2] does not work on a fresh co because the tomcat jars have been removed from the apache repo [1].  Does anyone know where they have gone to?  I seem to remember the Mortbay jars working quite well for us.  Is there any reason this was changed?

Dennis Byrne

[1] http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/

[2]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.tomcat:jasper-el:jar:6.0.0-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.tomcat -DartifactId=jasper-e
l \
          -Dversion=6.0.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.myfaces.core:myfaces-api:jar:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.apache.tomcat:jasper-el:jar:6.0.0-SNAPSHOT

2) org.apache.tomcat:el-api:jar:6.0.0-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.tomcat -DartifactId=el-api \

          -Dversion=6.0.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.myfaces.core:myfaces-api:jar:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.apache.tomcat:el-api:jar:6.0.0-SNAPSHOT

----------
2 required artifacts are missing.

for artifact:
  org.apache.myfaces.core:myfaces-api:jar:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  java.net (https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository),
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  myfaces-repo (http://myfaces.zones.apache.org/dist/maven-repository)

Re: Tomcat SNAPSHOT is missing, 1.2 impl cannot be built

Posted by Zubin Wadia <zw...@gmail.com>.
Remy,

I was just answering Craig's question. Alpha != Final.

Cheers,

Z.

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Zubin Wadia <zw...@gmail.com>.
It's not official...

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
thanks!

weren't they available?
or was it just a *temp* thing ?

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: Tomcat SNAPSHOT is missing, 1.2 impl cannot be built

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 10/31/06, Dennis Byrne <de...@dbyrne.net> wrote:

> Looks like the 1.2 branch [2] does not work on a fresh co because the
> tomcat jars have been removed from the apache repo [1].  Does anyone know
> where they have gone to?  I seem to remember the Mortbay jars working quite
> well for us.  Is there any reason this was changed?
>
> Dennis Byrne
>
> [1] http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/
>
> [2]
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> Missing:
> ----------
> 1) org.apache.tomcat:jasper-el:jar:6.0.0-SNAPSHOT

Didn't Tomcat 6.0 just go final?  If so, it'd probably be worth updating to
the final version number.

Craig

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

> I'll deploy new 6.0.1-SNAPSHOT jars tonight.

This is done, and the poms for the 1.2 branch have been updated.  It
builds for me after downloading the snapshots, please let me know if
you have any trouble.

--
Wendy

Re: Tomcat SNAPSHOT is missing, 1.2 impl cannot be built

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 10/31/06, Dennis Byrne <de...@dbyrne.net> wrote:
> Looks like the 1.2 branch [2] does not work on a fresh co because the tomcat jars have been removed from the apache repo [1].  Does anyone know where they have gone to?  I seem to remember the Mortbay jars working quite well for us.  Is there any reason this was changed?

Sorry, I didn't see this over here; we've been discussing it on dev@tomcat.

This is more fallout from the death of minotaur (people.apache.org)
during the infrastructure move.  The EL jars were lost when it was
restored from an old backup.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
mmm,
I guess, because it is the (Apache) tomcat ?
no idea. Jetty is fine with me too.

-M