Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by zhongming hua <cr...@apache.org> on 2019/08/16 04:35:23 UTC

[DISCUSS] Integrated ICE

Hey, community, I recently did a project to integrate ICE into dubbo. Now
open source, and intend to donate to dubbo, if you have any questions, you
can contact me directly or submit issues at the project. If the community
feels that there is no problem, I will merge this part into dubbo.
The project address is:https://github.com/CrazyHZM/dubbo-rpc-ice

Re: [DISCUSS] Integrated ICE

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I just checked the license of ICE[1] framework, it is GPL v2, which is
incompatible with Apache license.
I think we can not integrate it.

[1] https://github.com/zeroc-ice/ice/blob/3.7/LICENSE

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: [DISCUSS] Integrated ICE

Posted by 华 钟明 <cr...@gmail.com>.
I am the owner and have signed the ICLA, ID: crazyhzm

Best Regards!
Zhongming Hua

在 2019/8/16 下午1:54,“Justin Mclean”<ju...@classsoftware.com> 写入:

    Hi,

    Who is the IP owner of the code? We would need a signed ICLA (if one hasn’t been signed already) and most likely a software grant [1] for this to be donated.

    Thanks,
    Justin

    1. https://www.apache.org/licenses/contributor-agreements.html

Re: [DISCUSS] Integrated ICE

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
Justin,

Just to clarify it. If the code change is not large, in my opinion this is
the case, and if the code is donated via pull request, would  ICLA a must?

Thanks,
-Ian.

Re: [DISCUSS] Integrated ICE

Re: [DISCUSS] Integrated ICE

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
sure, pls. go ahead. I know there are a large amount of ice users in China.
This is a valuable add-on.

Thanks :)
-Ian.