Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by pl...@lanminds.com on 2003/02/06 15:45:32 UTC

Emacs svn hooks ?

Hi all,

Are there an Emacs hooks for checking in/out svn repos?

When using RCS or ClearCase (and, I presume, CVS as well), Emacs
can recognize the file being  opened is under revision control
and allow you to do things like ci/co and attach log messages, etc.

Is there any way to do that with Subversion?  I haven't seen it
mentioned on this list, and don't remember seeing anything in the
docs.  However, I do remember some question/discussion about
"Getting rid of the Emacs cruft", but upon revisiting that thread, it
wasn't clear whether the solution proposed is what I'm after.

Seeya,
Paul

Re: Emacs svn hooks ?

Posted by Matt Kraai <kr...@alumni.cmu.edu>.
On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 11:39:25AM -0500, Paul Lussier wrote:
> In a message dated: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 07:50:47 PST
> Matt Kraai said:
>
> >On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 10:45:32AM -0500, pll@lanminds.com wrote:
> >> Are there an Emacs hooks for checking in/out svn repos?
> >
> >Yes, two in fact.  See vc-svn.el and psvn/psvn.el in
> >tools/client-side.
>
> Hmmm, any preference on which is better/more complete at this time?

I tend to use vc-svn.el, but it can only operate on one file at a
time.

psvn is like PCL-CVS, which I use often for CVS-versioned
projects.  I haven't used psvn for a while, though.

Matt
--
Oink!

Re: Emacs svn hooks ?