Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by mshvr <sr...@outlook.com> on 2019/10/29 11:10:36 UTC

JMX is enabled by default on 1099 port for apache-tomee-plus-7.0.2

Hi,I'm currently working on an application deployed on
apache-tomee-plus-7.0.2 already and upon starting the application server i
see that remote jmx is by default enabled on port 1099.. standard tomcat
ports are already modified to use different ports but i couldn't find any
configuration about 1099 port to be used as jmx remote port. The problem is
that I couldn't find any way to turn off remote jmx for this application. I
searched for this port in startup and catalina files also and couldn't find
jvm properties mentioned in
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/management/agent.html.Is
there any other place i need to search for or it is hardcoded in tomee code
anywhere.I played around the jvm properties to turn off jmxremote but didn't
work..If i explicitly specify a different port, its getting enabled on 2
ports ie 1099 + the port i specified.Also i couldn't restrict jmx to
localhost only using jvm properties.Please help me in identifying where this
1099 is coming from.Thanks in advance

--
Sent from: http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-f982480.html

Re: JMX is enabled by default on 1099 port for apache-tomee-plus-7.0.2

Posted by Richard Monson-Haefel <mo...@gmail.com>.
I'm glad that helped!

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 1:01 AM mshvr <sr...@outlook.com>
wrote:

> Yes looks like useJmx flag if set to true is enabling jmx on 1099 by
> default.
> I was only searching for 1099 in all the config files.
> This flag is supposed to be false by default and its shipped with true in
> our case.
> After disabling this setting jmx is disabled.
> Thank you very much for the quick response..
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-f982480.html

--
Richard Monson-Haefel
https://twitter.com/rmonson

Re: JMX is enabled by default on 1099 port for apache-tomee-plus-7.0.2

Posted by Richard Monson-Haefel <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I *think* this is set my ActiveMQ.  Take a look at this article

https://activemq.apache.org/jmx.html

Hope that helps!

Richard