Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by "Muthupandiyan, Kamaraj" <ka...@hpe.com> on 2020/09/03 04:47:15 UTC

Need inputs on setting up prometheus alerts for HDFS cluster.

Hi Team,

We have a HDFS cluster , need to setup alerting using prometheus and dashboard using Grafana. Any help or could you please direct me with the documentation.

Regards,
Kamaraj
InfoSight - SRE

Re: Need inputs on setting up prometheus alerts for HDFS cluster.

Posted by HK <he...@gmail.com>.
Push Namenode & Datanode jmx metrics to prometheus. you can use the same
data for alerts and dashboards.

Reference:
https://grafana.com/blog/2020/06/25/monitoring-java-applications-with-the-prometheus-jmx-exporter-and-grafana/