Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Vernon, Clayton" <Cl...@ENRON.com> on 2001/07/25 19:59:42 UTC

can apache still serve directory indexes in tc3.3?

weird little "bug" from tc-3.3-beta 1:

can tomcat and apache be configured to maintain the nice functionality
whereby apache serves directory indexes?

before, if i pointed to:

(localhost)/application1/

where the subdirectory:

$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/application1

had my jsp's, apache would serve the directory index (clicking the .jsp
file 'invoked' tomcat)

now, it doesn't do this.

as a learner of apache, i guess it's the lack of aliases being
generated, and/or the new "context manager" which i don't understand.
what i'd like to avoid, if possible, is hard-coding each webapp in my
httpd.conf file.