Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jill Veronda <ja...@decisiondesign.com> on 2002/08/26 21:27:00 UTC

process: invoke java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

I am using Tomcat 4.0.4, Apache 1.3.12, JDK 1.3.1 on Windows 2000 Server.

When trying to run a jsp file I get the error:

2002-08-26 12:02:36 Ajp13Processor[8009][2] process: invoke
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:159)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:246)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2347)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:170)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.process(Ajp13Processor.java:458)
	at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.run(Ajp13Processor.java:551)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Anyone have any ideas?

jav

Re: repost: tomcat's pooling

Posted by Martin Jacobson <ma...@libero.it>.
Felipe Schnack wrote:

>   I asked this one time in this list but no reply... let's try again.
>   When we use the pool configuration indicated in tomcat docs, we use
> the javax.sql.DataSource interface to get the java.sql.Connection
> instances.
>   To have connection pooling we shouldn't use ConnectionPoolDataSource?

The short answer is... No :-)

A longer answer is that the Connection Pool still provides objects of
type javax.sql.DataSource. This is good, because it means that our
servlet code doesn't change if we switch between no pooling, and pooling
of connections.

HTH

Martin

repost: tomcat's pooling

Posted by Felipe Schnack <fe...@ritterdosreis.br>.

--

Felipe Schnack
Analista de Sistemas

Faculdade Ritter dos Reis
www.ritterdosreis.br
felipes@ritterdosreis.br
Fone/Fax.: (51)32303328

Re: postgresql jndi jdbc getConnection() problem

Posted by adam kramer <ad...@monkey.org>.

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Irina Lishchenko wrote:

> First quick look says me that you need one extra line before
> <ResourceParams>....</ResourceParams> entry
> It should be something like
> <Resource name="jdbc/IFDB" auth="Container"
>           type="javax.sql.DataSource" description="blah blah blah"/>
>
> Do you have it and miss it in you e-mail or you don't have it at all?

 Yes, I have it in my server.xml.

 I actually fixed the problem by changing my jdbc url
from
     <parameter>
       <name>driverName</name>
       <value>jdbc:postgresql://postgresql1.blah.com:5432/</value>
     </parameter>
     <parameter>
       <name>driverName</name>
       <value>jdbc:postgresql://postgresql1.blah.com:5432/dbname</value>
     </parameter>

to include the name of the database at the end of the URL.

--
Adam K.

Re: postgresql jndi jdbc getConnection() problem

Posted by Irina Lishchenko <il...@lishchenko.de>.