Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Chris Davis <ch...@venngo.com> on 2002/02/14 23:59:03 UTC

config.xml - for Mail Forward Service

Hello,

I have setup the configuration below for James 2.0a2 and I would like to
know if it looks correct.  I am setting up a mail-forward service that would
allow a person to get a his-her-name@somehost.com email address which can be
forwarded to any email address that they assign.  In my configuration, the
JDBCAlias mailet does the work of forwarding email messages for any address
that appears in my DB.  All other messages that the James receives should be
dropped.

I suspect that this config could forward mail for any domain that I have an
MX record for in my DNS config.  Also, I would like to eventually turn off
all the other services in James that I am not using (POP3, NNTP).  I don't
even need the remote management, since I don't use POP3.

Does anyone have advice for optimizing the config for this type of dedicated
service?

<processor name="root">
    <mailet match="RelayLimit=30" class="Null"></mailet>

    <!-- spam mailets are here  -->

    <mailet match="All" class="JDBCAlias">
      <mappings>db://venngo_rw/VG_Forward</mappings>
      <source_column>TmpEmail</source_column>
      <target_column>PrmEmail</target_column>
    </mailet>

    <mailet match="All" class="Null"></mailet>
</processor>

Re: config.xml - for Mail Forward Service

Posted by Eric Weidner <er...@ejbsolutions.com>.
Chris,

I currently use James in the same way (mostly because I've been too lazy to
get around to setting up db repositories) only I don't use a db for the
aliases.  Since it is a small company, I have all of my aliases set up in
the config.xml file itself as shown below.

          <mailet match="RecipientIs=all@company.com
                                    ,all@comp.com
                                    " class="Forward">
              <forwardto> user1@isp.org </forwardto>