Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Krzysztof Chmielewski <kr...@gmail.com> on 2022/10/18 07:28:26 UTC

SQL Lookup join on nested field

Hi all,
I have found an old thread [1] where there was a question about SQL joins
on nested fields.

The conclusion was that (quote):

*"temporal table join doesn't support join on a nested join.In blink
planner, a temporal table join will be translated into lookup joinwhich
will use the equality condition fields as the lookup keys."*

The thread is from 2020 and I was wondering if there is any plan/ticket
about adding support for nested fields to lookup join/temporal join

I've checked this use case on Flink 1.15.2 and it seems still not supported.

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/o3fc5lrqf6dbkl9pm0rp2mqyt7mcnsv3

Best Regards,
Krzysztof Chmielewski
SQL join on nested field

Re: SQL Lookup join on nested field

Posted by Martijn Visser <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Krzysztof,

I'm not aware of any plans on this topic.

Best regards,

Martijn

On Wed, Oct 19, 2022 at 3:56 AM yuxia <lu...@alumni.sjtu.edu.cn> wrote:

> AFAK,there's no any plan/ticket for it. If you think it's needed to be
> supported, you can create a tiket in jira[1] for it.
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/FLINK/summary
>
> Best regards,
> Yuxia

[1] [ https://lists.apache.org/thread/o3fc5lrqf6dbkl9pm0rp2mqyt7mcnsv3 | https://lists.apache.org/thread/o3fc5lrqf6dbkl9pm0rp2mqyt7mcnsv3 ]