Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Ho...@ubsw.com on 2001/04/18 16:08:14 UTC

FW: samples problem

-----Original Message-----
From: Ghodse, Hossein
Sent: 18 April 2001 11:25
To: soap-user
Subject: samples problem

Hi.

I hope this is the right forum to ask this question... if not could
someone please point me in the right direction?

I have just downloaded and installed apache soap, version 2.1, and
thought I'd start by trying some of the samples.  I run into a problems
immediately though when trying to deploy any of the samples:

Using the following command for example to deploy a program:
C:\Classes\soap-2_1\samples\addressbook> java
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost/xml-soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy
DeploymentDescriptor.xml

I get the following error:
Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client;
msg=A 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must
contain a: 'faultcode' element.;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain
a: 'faultcode' element.]
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:244)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerC
lient.java:127)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.deploy(ServiceManagerClient.
java:140)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.ja
va:228)

If I use the deployment web page/application instead, I can succesfully
deploy (I think) but subsequent running of the application yields a
similar error message.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on here?

FYI, my classpath is:
	c:\Classes\xerces-1_3_1\xerces.jar
	c:\classes\activation.jar
	c:\classes\mail.jar
	c:\classes\soap-2_1\lib\soap.jar
	c:\classes

Thanks in advance!
hoss

related financial instruments.

Re: samples problem

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
If you use Xerces 1.3.1, you must use one of the very recent nightly builds of SOAP.
The SOAP 2.1 release version works with Xerces 1.2.x (I know for a fact x = 3 works) and
1.3.0.

Scott