Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Ion Badita <io...@mcr.ro> on 2007/07/12 20:19:03 UTC

A bug in Lucene MultiSearcher?

Hi,

I'm using MultiSearcher with 14 indexes. It's working ok, until i try to
search with a Filter.

Probable the best way to describe the problem is to give a small example:
Suppose we have 2 Indexes

Index1 {Doc(id:"A", content:".."), Doc(id:"B", content:"..")}
Index2 {Doc(id:"C", content:".."), Doc(id:"D", content:"..")}

I over simplified the structure.
Now let's assume that i have created an QueryFilter with the following
BitSet (1, 0, 0, 0). So it filters out all the documents but the first
one. Let's assume again that i search for a word that exists in all
documents.

The result after executing a query with the above filter on a
MultiSearcher is be:
Doc(id:"A") and Doc(id:"B"), this because the MultiSearcher applies the
BitSet filter from the begging of the BitSet for each Index.

Probable the right way was to split the bitset in peaces: Index1 to get
the bites form 0-1 and Index2 bites from 2-3.

John.

Re: A bug in Lucene MultiSearcher?

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
> this because the MultiSearcher applies the
> BitSet filter from the begging of the BitSet for each Index.

I just checked the code... you are correct, the MultiSearcher
filtering code is broken!
Could you please open a JIRA issue for this?

-Yonik