Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/03 14:46:53 UTC

Re: Sender-Broker-Edge

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 at 12:31, Petrenko, Vadim <va...@ns.nl> wrote:

> Dear Qpid developers,
>
> We would like to implement the following topology:
>
> Qpid JMS Sender ---> Artemis Broker ---> intermittent link ---> Edge ---> Interior Router ---> Edge ---> QPid JMS Receiver
>
> So instead of connecting the client directly to the edge router, we want to place a broker in between so that it can buffer messages in the case the link between the broker and the edge router is broken.
> Ideally we would like to get messages delivered to different receivers in the multicast mode after they leave the broker.
>
> We played a bit around with this config and is seems that we need to configure a specific address in all routers and annotate it as a waypoint.

Presumably you are using autolinks to have the router establish a
receiver from the broker for that address? This obviously does require
being configured (or instructed over management), so that the router
actually knows what to create and how to handle them.

The broker does also have the ability now to establish AMQP
connections and senders/receivers itself instead, which could be
useful to you. Though I see you also note using multicast from the
routers, which may complicate matters, though its unclear what your
expectations are.
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/amqp-broker-connections.html