Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "JupiterHost.Net" <ml...@jupiterhost.net> on 2004/11/20 22:13:40 UTC

Re: Keywords

Anthony Gardner wrote:

> Can someone tell me why sex, sexy, suck and child

hmmm, not 100% sure but:

  sex and sexxy describe perl and mod_perl in general :)
  suck might be there to describe other bloaty clunky wanna be's :)
  For instance say I'm looking for a solution and I type:
    "Why does PHP suck and mod_perl doesn't"
    "Does mod_perl suck?" (answer is NO BTW ;p)

   child perhaps for child processes?

  > http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/intro/start_fast.html

HTH :)

Re: Keywords

Posted by Anthony Gardner <cy...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Thanks for taking that seriously.

I for one felt very uncomfotable with that. Especially
if we're fighting to get Perl and associated
technologies respected in an ever increasingly
compettive mkt.

I actually thought some hacker had got in and changed
it!!

-Ants

Re: Keywords

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Stas Bekman wrote:
[...]

Re: Keywords

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Re: Keywords

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, Stas Bekman wrote:

> JupiterHost.Net wrote:
> >
> > Anthony Gardner wrote:
> >
> >> Can someone tell me why sex, sexy, suck and child
>
> obviously those are taken out of context :)
[ ... ]
> Let us know if this is no longer useful and we will remove those or
> replace with something better.

I, for one, would feel more comfortable with them removed.
As you say, at one point they were commonly used to boost
rankings, but these days, especially with "child" in there,
they have an ugly connotation.

--
best regards,
randy

Re: Keywords

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
JupiterHost.Net wrote:

> Anthony Gardner wrote:
>
>> Can someone tell me why sex, sexy, suck and child

obviously those are taken out of context :)

> hmmm, not 100% sure but:
>
>  sex and sexxy describe perl and mod_perl in general :)
>  suck might be there to describe other bloaty clunky wanna be's :)
>  For instance say I'm looking for a solution and I type:
>    "Why does PHP suck and mod_perl doesn't"
>    "Does mod_perl suck?" (answer is NO BTW ;p)
>
>   child perhaps for child processes?

That's correct.

And don't forget: http://scroogie.de/pix/data/media/2/mod_perl.jpg :)

You can blame me for that keywords selection. Those keywords were added at
the time when search engines were looking at keywords to make up the
ranking. I just saw other sites using those and I've copied from them. I'm
not sure if those are relevant anymore these days.