Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@twitter.com> on 2013/02/20 23:38:45 UTC

Apache Build Service?

Hi Chris,

Does Apache provide anything similar to Open Build Service (
http://openbuildservice.org/)?

We'd love to have such a service for vetting our releases on a range of
linux systems.

In general, what are some of the ways other Apache projects deal with this?

Thanks!
Ben M

Re: Apache Build Service?

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hi Ben,

On 2/28/13 12:51 PM, "Benjamin Mahler" <bm...@twitter.com> wrote:

>Hey Chris,
>
>Thanks for the info! I just checked this out with vinod, and the OS
>diversity is much lower than we anticipated. Why isn't there a spread
>of ubuntu versions or any CentOS versions? What about a spread of
>OSX versions?

No clue :) Probably depends on what was donated to us at the ASF, and
what infra has purchased. I know some companies have donated build slaves
for Jenkins (e.g., I think Hadoop has some donated slaves), so you may want
to talk to infrastructure@a.o about that (via email or via IRC #asfinfra).

>Are there plans to expand the diversity? We ideally need a spread of
>OSes and (usually coincidental) a spread of gcc's. 32 bit and 64 bit
>would be awesome as well!

Ask infra :)

It depends on time, resources, and budget :) And volunteer willingness,
I'm sure.

Cheers,
Chris

Re: Apache Build Service?