Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tom Haddon <to...@greenleaftech.net> on 2005/08/29 20:29:09 UTC

[users@httpd] Serving Content from mounted Windows Share

Hi Folks,

I'm running Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat) and am trying to make content that
is mounted from a remote Windows machine accessible from the web server.

I have mounted the samba directory with the apache uid and gid, with
permissions as 777. If I do an ls -l on any of the sub-directories of
the mounted drive, this is confirmed. My mounted drive
is /usr/local/smbmount. I have added the following to my apache config
file:

NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName leia.equilar.com
DocumentRoot /var/www/html
Alias /samba/ /usr/local/smbmount/
<Directory "/usr/local/smbmount">
    Options Indexes
    EnableSendfile Off
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

However, I still get a 403 error when trying to access the top level
directory or any file in the subdirectories. The error_log records:

[Mon Aug 29 09:22:43 2005] [error] [client 10.8.0.14] (13)Permission
denied: access to /smbmount/ denied

Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Tom