Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/18 16:12:20 UTC

[DISCUSS] Don't assign tickets to other people.

Hello,

I notice that lots of people (committers and general users) like to assign people their submitted tickets. For instance, they find a bug in Traversal and then are like "Marko."  I think that if you submit a ticket and you will take ownership of it, then assign it to yourself and do the work. Else, keep it Unassigned and when developers peruse the the list they can go "I can knock this out" and will assign it to themselves. I think it should be up to people to decide what they want to work on, not the submitter to decide who will do the work.

Thoughts?,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com

Re: [DISCUSS] Don't assign tickets to other people.

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.
I've removed the "default assignments" settings in jira. Expect a mass of
email as folks start to "unassign" tickets. :)

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.