Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by COURTAULT Francois <Fr...@gemalto.com> on 2017/12/14 08:48:53 UTC

Disable or filter "caused by" PhaseInterceptorChain.doDefaultLogging

Hello,

First of all, I am using cxf 3.1.13  in TomEE (7.0.4).

If my JAX-WS endpoint raises a RuntimeException or an Exception, in the server log I have something like:

13-Dec-2017 16:23:31.027 WARNING [http-nio-8080-exec-2] org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doDefaultLogging Application {http://com.test/wsdl}MyManagerService#{http://com.test/wsdl}helloWorld has thrown exception, unwinding now ....

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException

                at com.gemalto.jaxws.MyManager.helloWorld(MyManager.java:36)

by default.

I have looked at http://cxf.apache.org/docs/interceptors.html but I am bit lost.

For example I don't know at which phase this logging occurs.

So our goal is either to disable this doDefaultLogging stuff in order to use our own logging stuff (better control on what we want to disclose in the log) or to configure this doDefaultLogging stuff in order to display only the first 2 lines of the Caused by.

Do you know how to do this ?

We have seen that we may use a CustomHandler but we don't know yet how to use it.

Best Regards.