Posted to announce@apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> on 2011/10/26 13:42:22 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Archiva 1.4-M1 Released!

Hello,
The Apache Archiva team would like to announce the release of Archiva
1.4-M1 (This is the first milestone of the 1.4 series)

Archiva is available for download from:
* http://archiva.apache.org/download.html

Archiva is an application for managing one or more remote artifact
repositories, including administration, artifact handling, browsing
and searching.

Features added:
* It is now possible to create a staging repository for any managed
repository and later merge the results.
* You can now use REST services to control Archiva or search for
artifacts. See REST Services for more information.
* Database storage for repository metadata has been replaced with a
JCR repository based on Apache Jackrabbit by default (other options
such as a flat-file storage may be made available in the future).
* The search interface provide now the capability to search on OSGI
metadata (based on the update of the Apache Maven Indexer library).
* You can now download Maven index content from remote repositories to
include artifacts which are not present locally in your search results

The release notes are available here:
http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.4-M1/release-notes.html

If you have any questions, please consult:
* the web site: http://archiva.apache.org/

Have Fun,
--
The Apache Archiva Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Archiva 1.4-M1 Released!

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2011/10/26 Maurizio Cucchiara <ma...@gmail.com>:
> Is the website still out of sync or the link to the features don't work?
yes my bad, I missed those links in the home.
Now fixed will be available with the next sync.
Have a look here: http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.4-M1/tour/index.html .

> Sent from my mobile device, so please excuse typos and brevity.
>
> Maurizio Cucchiara
>
> Il giorno 26/ott/2011 13.56, "Olivier Lamy" <ol...@apache.org> ha scritto:
>>
>> Hello,
>> The Apache Archiva team would like to announce the release of Archiva
>> 1.4-M1 (This is the first milestone of the 1.4 series)
>>
>> Archiva is available for download from:
>> * http://archiva.apache.org/download.html
>>
>> Archiva is an application for managing one or more remote artifact
>> repositories, including administration, artifact handling, browsing
>> and searching.
>>
>> Features added:
>> * It is now possible to create a staging repository for any managed
>> repository and later merge the results.
>> * You can now use REST services to control Archiva or search for
>> artifacts. See REST Services for more information.
>> * Database storage for repository metadata has been replaced with a
>> JCR repository based on Apache Jackrabbit by default (other options
>> such as a flat-file storage may be made available in the future).
>> * The search interface provide now the capability to search on OSGI
>> metadata (based on the update of the Apache Maven Indexer library).
>> * You can now download Maven index content from remote repositories to
>> include artifacts which are not present locally in your search results
>>
>> The release notes are available here:
>> http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.4-M1/release-notes.html
>>

>> If you have any questions, please consult:
>> * the web site: http://archiva.apache.org/
>>
>> Have Fun,
>> --
>> The Apache Archiva Team

Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Archiva 1.4-M1 Released!

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse Farinacci <ji...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!!

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 7:42 AM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> The Apache Archiva team would like to announce the release of Archiva
> 1.4-M1 (This is the first milestone of the 1.4 series)
> * http://archiva.apache.org/download.html

127 issues resolved! Wow, great work team!! We are running it in
production for a few days now..

-Jesse