Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "Dovholuk, Clint" <Cl...@GlobalCrossing.com> on 2005/07/28 14:21:54 UTC

choice groups

Hello All,

Is there a wiki (FAQ or some such) which describes the reasoning behind
the current implementation of choice groups using WSDL2Java?  I'm trying
to build a solution contract first, but for types with choice groups in
them WSDL2Java wants to create an object which has "n" distinct
attributes; one for each choice in the group. I expected one attribute
of type Object with setter methods only allowing those types declared by
the choice group. Or something along those lines.

I'm just looking for the reasoning behind the current implementation.

Thanks in advance for any responses...

-Clint